WHY: Courts and litigation do not provide answers. Litigation only deepens the rifts by declaring a “winner” and a “loser”. In reality – everyone loses (except, perhaps, the Advocates).
Sometimes – as in international disputes – resort to the Court is not even practical in terms of resources or time. In the world of Global Commerce, different languages, legal systems and, in a word, cultures prevent courts of law from providing satisfactory resolution of disputes.
Mediation is consensual, not compulsory : If a party is dissatisfied at any time they may
unilaterally stop the proceedings, or ask for modifications. The mediator is not a judge,
rather a facilitator.
What are the benefits of mediation?
- Opens clearer communications channels.
– Avoids taking disputes to court – saving time and money.
– Treats disputes as individual cases with solutions that are not ‘one size fits all’ .
– Rebuilds relationships rather than damaging them as going to court can.
– Participants can arrive at a mutually acceptable, lasting solution.
– The parties; not lawyers, solicitors or judges, retain control of solutions.
– Our expert Mediator has dealt with complex disputes in different parts of the world.
Contact IETO today to begin the journey towards finding resolution to your conflict.
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic has changed almost all facets of human interaction, from a simple hug to bankruptcy of billion-dollar MNCs. Fear and uncertainty concerning our future health and financial well-being reign supreme. Along the way, many relationships have been upended; smooth-sailing partnerships and contracts have suddenly hit obstacles unthinkable only a few months ago. These bumps in the road threaten not only the individual relationship, but the commercial fabric as a whole on community, regional, national and international levels. However, IETO has expert advisory for business disputes between International firms can be resolved without recourse to Courts.